Monday, May 4, 2015

Letting go

Today I went out and jumped with Maloree on the tramp. We held hands while played ring a round the rosies. We played "dead man, dead man" and any other game she could think of to play. I watched her soft light brown hair bounce up and down in the sunlight. All the while loving her laugh, the feel of her hands in mine, hugging and kissing her everytime "we all fall down". 

Everything about it was perfect and felt so good. Today I spent a lot of time just playing with my children. I accomplished basically nothing on the house, it's a mess. But I truly had such a good day!!! The whole time playing on the tramp, playing handball, superman and flips, sword fighting, all of it was so wonderful and felt so good! As I watched them as we played I felt such peace, true genuine happiness, and so much gratitude for how blessed my life is. 

I can't seem to find the balance on how to do it all. Play with the kids, teach them to work and do chores, educate them, keep the house clean and make healthy foods they'll eat, etc. I don't know if I'll ever figure it out; but, I know that I love just letting it all go today and just playing with them! It felt SO good! I love to hear their true genuine laughter as we play together. I need to make more days like this. I hope and pray that I will always let my children know that they are my world. I love them so much and I always want them to know this. I'm so thankful for the opportunity God has given me to be their mother...life is beautiful. 

No comments: